Undeniably one of the best turkey burger recipes around, these Thai turkey burgers are made with wholesome ingredients and pack a punch of flavour! You’ll love these hearty, filling turkey burgers!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger*
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 4 large burger buns
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup salted, roasted peanuts
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the green onions, Panko crumbs, peanut butter, Thai curry paste, minced garlic, lime juice and zest, and the grated ginger. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then divide the turkey mixture into 4 equal sized portions (it doesn’t have to be exact). Form a ball with each of the individual portions, and lightly flatten it into the shape of a patty, using your hands. Place all 4 patties on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a large frying pan on the stove, heat the sesame oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until it is shimmering.
- If you can fit them all at once without touching, place all 4 patties into the pan at once; however, if you can only fit 2 at a time, you can do this in batches. Fry the patties on one side for at least 4-5 minutes or until crispy and brown on one side, before carefully flipping them to the other side and frying for an additional 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the patties reads 160 F.
- While the patties are frying, mix together the mayo and sweet chilli sauce together in a small dish. Apply a generous amount of the sauce over all sides of each of the burger buns. On the bottom portion of the buns, add the green cabbage, shredded carrot and about a tablespoon of roasted peanuts.
- Once the burgers are cooked through, place one burger on the prepared bottom half of each bun. Top it with the top half of the bun, and enjoy!
Leftover burger patties can be frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight container. See the blog post above for further freezing instructions.
*Replace the fresh ginger with 1/2 tsp ground ginger if you don’t have fresh on hand
**For a little extra heat, try some sriracha hot sauce in the prepared burger!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: burgers
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai turkey burgers // turkey burger recipes