Classic Thai green curry flavors with a hint of sweet basil and served with fresh vegetables and chicken.
- 1 can (400mL) coconut milk (light or full fat)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2–3 tbsp Thai green curry paste*
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups assorted fresh vegetables (bell pepper, carrots, baby corn, snow peas)
- Rice, for serving
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a large wok over medium-high heat, whisk together the coconut milk, chicken stock, green curry paste, fish sauce and brown sugar. Allow the mixture to come to a boil, then reduce the temperature to low-medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced chicken, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the basil, then the vegetables, and return to a boil, before reducing temperature again and simmering for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are fork-tender. Serve immediately over rice, garnishing with cilantro if desired.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
* Thai green curry paste can be found at most grocery stores in the Asian aisle. See full post for more details.
**Swap the chicken for pork, or for a vegetarian curry, omit step 2.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: curry
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai green chicken curry // coconut green curry chicken