The BEST dill dip recipe is the perfect pairing to these extra crispy sweet potato fries. One of my favorite recipes, these sweet potato fries with dill dip will be a new go-to side for your family dinners!
- 1–2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2–3 tbsp oil (canola, grapeseed or olive)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sourcream
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with non-stick spray.* Use the roast setting on the oven if available.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut them into fry shapes, about 1/4″ thick each. Place the potatoes into a large Ziploc bag, add the cornstarch and shake the bag well until all of the fries have a thin coating of cornstarch.
- Add the oil, garlic powder, paprika and sea salt to the bag, and shake vigorously. Place the fries in a single layer on the baking sheets and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the pans, and using a metal spatula, flip the fries in sections. Place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes. You’ll know the fries are done when they’re slightly pillowy looking and firm.* No floppy fries!
- While the fries are baking, prepare the dill dip by combining all of the dip ingredients in a small bowl, and mixing together. Store in the fridge until the fries are ready.
- Serve the fries alongside a small bowl of dip. Enjoy immediately!
Leftover fries can be stored in the fridge, and heated up in the oven at 275 for 10-15 minutes.
- Do not use foil or an ungreased sheet. Parchment paper works best, but I’ve also had success with a silicone baking mat.
- One tip to crisp up the fries: Once they’re cooked, shut off the oven and leave the fries inside for 10-15 minutes. The low heat in the oven will crisp them up nicely.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: sweet potato fries dill dip // best dill dip recipe // dips for sweet potato fries