Sunshine in the form of a sweet, creamy citrus tart with a super simple grain-free crust and rich, dreamy filling. This tart is paleo, gluten-free and grain-free and DELICIOUS. Make it for your next weekend brunch!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (sub avocado oil)
- 2 tbsp honey (or agave)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain, full-fat Greek yogurt*
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- Sliced citrus, berries for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 14 x 5″ tart pan*. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, melted coconut oil and honey. Use a fork to thoroughly combine the ingredients into a soft dough. Press the dough evenly into the tart pan, pressing down firmly all over. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges. Remove and let cool completely.
- Prepare the filling in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using an electric mixer. Combine together the cream cheese and yogurt on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes, before adding the lemon juice, lemon zest and honey. Mix together until thoroughly combined. Empty the filling into the tart crust, spreading it out evenly. Chill the tart for 3-4 hours, adding any toppings prior to serving.
Leftovers keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- I use plain Greek yogurt, but I think a coconut yogurt, or even lemon yogurt would be SO good in this!
- This can also be made in a round 9″ tart pan