These skillet loaded cheese fries are easy, cheesy and full of flavor. Perfect for camping or a summer cook-out, these are the best cheese fries!
- 4 strips bacon
- 3 potatoes, sliced into 1/2” strips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 can Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- optional: green onion, sliced jalapeno for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add the bacon strips in an even layer to a 10″ or 12″ cast iron skillet on the stove, over medium heat. Cook the bacon, flipping once, until brown and crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the pan, with the leftover bacon grease, and give them a stir. Cook the fries for 20-22 minutes, stirring often. If your pan has a lid, you can put the lid on every so often to help the potatoes cook faster. Once the fries are just about fork tender, add the sea salt, paprika and chili powder and give everything another stir. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Add the can of Bush’s® Baked Beans, including the sauce, over the top of the potatoes, spreading them out. Add the cheddar cheese on top. Place the entire skillet into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Once the skillet is removed, add the sour cream and top with green onion, and/or jalapeno! Serve immediately.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: loaded cheesy fries