You’ll love this flavorful shrimp and sausage pasta! An Italian one pot pasta that comes together in under 30 minutes!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 coil kolbassa (or similar) sausage (200g)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken (or veggie) stock, plus more as needed
- 1 can (398mL) fire-roasted tomatoes, with juices
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 250g (10oz) fettuccine or other dry pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Add the olive oil into a deep skillet over medium-high heat and allow it to heat up for a few minutes, before adding the diced onion and sundried tomatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the onion becomes soft and translucent. Add the sliced sausage and garlic and cook for a few more minutes or until the sausage begins to crisp up on one side, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste, stock, fire-roasted tomatoes, paprika and Italian seasoning and give everything a good stir. Place the noodles into the dish and make sure they’re as submerged as possible into the liquid. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and place a lid on the pan, cooking for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Stir the pasta every few minutes to ensure the ingredients don’t get stuck to the bottom, and add a bit more cooking liquid if things are looking too dry.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, remove the lid and add in the shrimp, stirring to combine. Cook until the shrimp has turned pink, about 2-3 minutes. Pour in the heavy cream and give it all a stir again, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove the pan from heat and serve.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container (once cooled) in the fridge for 2-3 days.
*To keep this dish dairy-free, use coconut cream in place of the heavy cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: shrimp and sausage pasta // one pot pasta // skillet sausage pasta // one pot creamy sausage pasta