Made with only 3 ingredients, these sautéed shredded brussels sprouts make the best simple side dish for just about any meal!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
- squeeze of fresh lemon, to taste
- Wash the brussels sprouts and trim the ends, removing any loose leaves. Use a sharp paring knife to slice the sprouts into 1/8″ slices, or use the slicing attachment on your food processor to shred the sprouts.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter in a large skillet on the stove. Once melted, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add the sprouts and stir, continuing to cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, or until softened. Stir frequently. Season the sprouts with salt and pepper, to taste. Start with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper, adding more if desired.
- Remove the pan from heat, and squeeze a drizzle of fresh lemon juice over the sprouts, if desired. Serve immediately!
Leftover sprouts can be stored, once cooled, in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Category: sides
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: sautéed shredded brussels sprouts // shaved brussels sprouts salad