Who would have known that a simple 3 ingredient recipe could be so good? This sausage and cabbage skillet is so super easy and makes a satisfying meal for the whole family!
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 lb kielbasa sausage, or something similar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- optional: 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Begin by chopping the cabbage into large 1″ chunks, then slice the sausage into 1″ rounds. Heat a 10 or 12″ cast iron skillet up on the stovetop over medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp of the butter. Once melted, add the sausage and wait until you hear the sizzling, then cook for another couple of minutes before flipping over and cooking for another minute.
- Add the minced garlic and the second tbsp of butter and stir everything together for a minute. Add in the chopped cabbage and the salt and pepper and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until the cabbage is just slightly softened. Serve immediately, OR sprinkle the apple cider vinegar into the dish and give it a quick stir, scraping up any blackened or browned bits on the bottom.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 2-3 days and reheated in the skillet.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
Keywords: sausage and cabbage skillet // fried cabbage with sausage