Salted chewy brownie cookies that are SO soft, gooey and delicious! These chocolate brownie cookies require no chill time and can be yours for the eating in under 30 minutes!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove, over medium heat, melt the butter with the cocoa powder. While the butter is melting, place the chopped chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and heat on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Once the butter mixture has melted, remove from heat and stir in the melted chocolate.*
- In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add both the sugars and the vanilla, and whisk to combine. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, and stir to combine. Add the sifted flour mixture to the wet ingredients, then stir just until combined. Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and gently combine.
- Using a 2 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared parchment paper.** Bake the cookies for 10 minutes before removing from the oven and allowing them to cool. They may look under-baked, but they will firm up after a few minutes. Enjoy the cookies once cooled!
Cookies keep well at room temperature for up to 1 week in an airtight container, or for up to 2 months in the freezer.
*If you have a double boiler, you can combine the butter, cocoa powder and chopped chocolate together vs microwaving the chocolate.
**You can chill the dough for a few minutes to firm it up and make it easier for scooping, but this is not necessary. Do not chill the dough for longer than 10 minutes.
- Category: cookies
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chewy brownie cookies // fudgy brownie cookies // soft cocoa cookies // easy brownie cookies