If you like sweet potatoes, you’ll love these roasted sweet potatoes with bacon! Maple syrup roasted sweet potatoes with salty, crispy bacon and a smattering of goat cheese makes the perfect holiday side dish!
- 4–5 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes (~2–3 large)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt, pepper to taste
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup goat cheese*
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, fry the bacon. While the bacon is frying, peel and dice the sweet potatoes into 1″ cubes. Once the bacon is fully cooked and crispy, remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper-towel lined plate. Once cooled, break into smaller pieces. Remove all but 1/4 cup of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Add in the sweet potatoes to the pan and stir to coat. Cook the sweet potatoes for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Turn off the heat. Add the maple syrup and seasonings to the pan, along with the garlic cloves. Empty the sweet potato mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are pierced easily with a fork.
- Empty the mixture back into the Dutch oven or another serving dish, then combine it with the goat cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.**
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days.
*If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, you can replace with another cheese of your choice or leave out altogether!
**To prepare ahead of time, follow all steps up to adding in the goat cheese. Store in the fridge, then reheat in the oven in a casserole dish at 350 F for 10-15 minutes before adding in the goat cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: maple roasted sweet potatoes with bacon // maple sweet potatoes // sweet potato and bacon salad