A delicious blend of creamy chickpeas, roasted red pepper and garlic, tahini and spices. Serve it up with crackers or raw veggies for a healthier snack for you and your family.
- 1 medium roasted red bell pepper (~1/2 cup diced)*
- 4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 – 14oz can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice of 1 lemon, + 1 tbsp. of zest
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil or water
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the roasted red pepper, garlic cloves, garbanzo beans and tahini. Pulse until the mixture starts to become pureed. Add the lemon juice and zest, paprika, cumin and 2 tbsp of water or olive oil. Run the processor until the hummus is smooth and creamy, and adjust spices or add more water/olive oil until the texture is to your liking. Serve!
Hummus will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
- To roast a red pepper, heat the oven to 400 F. Rub the pepper with a bit of olive oil and place it on a baking sheet. Roast the pepper, turning once halfway through, for 40 minutes. Remove the pepper from the oven and place a bowl over the top of the pepper for 15 minutes, to “steam” it. This’ll make the skin much easier to remove. Remove the skin, and dice the pepper, removing the seeds.