Another 30 minute dinner win! This roasted asparagus pasta is a creamy asparagus pasta, made with a simple ricotta pasta sauce for a perfect spring-time meal
- 8–10 fresh asparagus spears, cleaned and trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb (8oz) fettuccine noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup milk (1% or 2%)
- 1/4 cup half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1 cup full-fat ricotta cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for 18-20 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- While the asparagus is roasting, bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Salt the water, then cook the fettuccine noodles for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the noodles, reserving about 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Rinse the noodles with cold water briefly to help prevent sticking.
- While the noodles are cooking, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the milk, cream, and ricotta cheese, stirring with a large wooden spoon to combine. Once the sauce begins to bubble, allow it to cook on low for 3-4 minutes or until it has slightly thickened. Add the noodles, and stir to coat. If the sauce begins to get sticky, add a splash of the reserved cooking water to thin it out again. Immediately plate the pasta for serving, and top with asparagus and a sprinkle of black pepper, to taste.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: pastas
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: roasted asparagus pasta // creamy asparagus pasta // ricotta pasta sauce // asparagus pasta recipe // ricotta pasta