You know it’s fall when you see iced pumpkin cookies on the menu! These pumpkin cake cookies are so SOFT and delicious and incredibly easy!
- 1 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup*
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- cinnamon, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup. Add in the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla extract and whisk all together until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently with a large wooden spoon until just combined.
- Using a tablespoon, drop mounds of cookie batter (about 1-2 tablespoons each) a few inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Use your fingers or the spoon to shape the cookies into slightly flattened rounds.
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes or until very lightly browned on the bottoms. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting. Using an electric mixer or your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the powdered sugar with the heavy cream and mix together; the consistency should be fairly thick. Add more cream or sugar as necessary to achieve the desired consistency. Using a table knife, frost the cooled cookies with about 2 tsp of icing and top with a dusting of cinnamon.
Cookies store well in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days, or up to 1 week in the fridge. If storing on the counter, the icing may begin to melt into the cookie.
- The cookies are not overly sweet (pre-icing), so if you prefer your cookies fairly sweet, you could increase the amount of maple syrup to 3/4 cup or whisk in an additional 1/4 cup sugar to the wet ingredients.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: soft pumpkin cookies // pumpkin cookie mix // iced pumpkin cookies