These pesto zucchini noodles are a healthy and delicious way to get your greens! An easy to make almond basil pesto is the perfect coating for these zoodles!
- 4 medium zucchini (11⁄₄ pounds total), spiralized
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided into 1⁄₄ tsp and 1⁄₂ tsp
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 2 packed cups (~4 ounces) fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into a few pieces
- 1/₈ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- In a colander set in the sink, toss the zucchini noodles with 1/4 tsp of the sea salt. Let sit for 30 minutes to drain, then squeeze to release more water. You don’t have to get every last drop out, just most of it. Pat dry.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Arrange the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn!
- Transfer the almonds to a food processor. Pulse a few times until the almonds are broken up into coarse pieces—don’t overmix.
- Add the basil, Parmesan, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and remaining 1/2 tsp sea salt. Pulse on and off, scraping the sides occasionally, until you get a pesto-like consistency. Adjust sea salt and black pepper to taste — it should be on the salty side, as this will be diluted when you add the zucchini noodles.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini noodles and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until al dente.
- Add the pesto and toss to coat. Stir-fry for just 1 more minute until hot. Serve immediately.
*This recipe is from The Wholesome Yum, Easy Keto Cookbook.
- Category: Meatless Meals
- Cuisine: Keto
Keywords: almond basil pesto // pesto zucchini noodles