If you like baked oatmeal you will LOVE this peanut butter baked oatmeal! It’s made with healthy, real ingredients and can last all week!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter*
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk**
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: chopped peanuts, dark chocolate for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray an 8″ x 8″ baking dish or 9″ pie plate with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the rolled oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the maple syrup with the peanut butter until smooth, then add the egg and whisk again. Add the almond milk and vanilla extract and whisk until combined. Empty the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients, then stir everything together until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes. The baked oatmeal is done when the middle of the oatmeal is soft but does not jiggle when you give the dish a gentle shake (using an oven mitt, of course).
- Remove the baked oatmeal from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 minutes before serving immediately, or topping with the crushed peanuts and chopped chocolate.
Leftover oatmeal can be stored in the fridge, once cooled, in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
*I use natural peanut butter. If using the peanut butter with preservatives, you may want to reduce the sweetness of the oatmeal down to 1/4 cup maple syrup.
**Substitute for any other dairy or non-dairy milk.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: peanut butter baked oatmeal // chocolate peanut butter baked oatmeal // healthy peanut butter oatmeal