This is the BEST strawberry ice cream recipe! 3 ingredient strawberry ice cream made with fresh berries and real cream. You’ll love this no churn strawberry ice cream!
- 1 lb strawberries (fresh or frozen)*
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (300mL) can of condensed milk
- In a small saucepan on the stove, combine the strawberries, water (if using fresh) and granulated sugar. Allow the mixture to come to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes (20 for frozen strawberries). Remove the saucepan from heat. Use an immersion blender to blend strawberries to a puree, or transfer the mixture to a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the puree and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl fitted with the whisk attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, blend the heavy cream until stiff peaks begin to form. Add the cooled strawberry puree and blend again on high until thickened up again.
- Empty the condensed milk into the strawberry whipped cream and use a spatula to fold everything together until there are no white streaks left. Empty the mixture into a freezer-safe container and smooth it out with a spatula. Place the ice cream into the freezer for 5-6 hours before serving.
Leftover ice cream can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. It will get harder/more crystallized over time!
*if using frozen strawberries, do not add extra water to the saucepan
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: ice cream
- Method: no churn
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: BEST strawberry ice cream recipe // 3 ingredient strawberry ice cream // no churn strawberry ice cream