This no churn chocolate Oreo ice cream is creamy, rich and full of Oreo flavor! If you’re an Oreo fan, than this chocolate no churn Oreo ice cream is for you!
- 2 1/4 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (300mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 22 Oreo cookies, divided
- Make the chocolate ganache. In a small saucepan on the stove, or in the microwave, warm 1/4 cup of the cream until hot, but not boiling. Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl, then pour the hot cream over top of the chocolate. Allow it to sit for 1 full minute before stirring the mixture until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Pour the can of condensed milk into a large mixing bowl, then use a small whisk to combine the cocoa powder with the condensed milk, whisking until fully incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
- Crush the cookies. Using a food processor, crush 10 of the cookies into fairly fine crumbs. You can also place the cookies in a resealable bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Chop the other 10 cookies into larger pieces. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, whip the remaining whipped cream on high until stiff peaks begin to form, about 3 minutes. Pour the chocolate condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream, along with the crushed AND chopped cookies. Use a spatula to combine everything, folding it all together until incorporated.
- Layer the ice cream into a freezer-safe container or loaf pan, alternating the layers with spoonfuls of the chocolate ganache, giving the ganache a bit of a swirl with a knife. Top off the ice cream with the 2 remaining Oreo cookies, either chopping them up or leaving them whole. Place the mixture in the freezer for 5-6 hours, before scooping and serving.
Leftover ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months, covered.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: ice cream
- Method: no churn
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: oreo ice cream // no churn oreo ice cream // chocolate oreo ice cream