Every birthday should include the best birthday cake ice cream! This no-churn cake batter ice cream is SO easy to make, naturally colored and never fails to bring a smile. Sprinkles for everyone!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- optional: 1 tbsp Organika blue mylk latte powder/2-3 drops gel food colouring
- 1 300 mL can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup sprinkles*
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat on high for 2 minutes, before adding the vanilla bean paste and continuing to beat until thickened.
- Optional step: If you plan to colour the ice cream, remove half of the mixture to another bowl and add the blue mylk latte powder or food colouring to the remaining mixture, and beat for a few minutes to combine thoroughly.
- If using two different colours, divide the sweetened condensed milk and funfetti cake mix between the mixtures and use a spatula to combine into each half. Layer the mixtures into a standard sized loaf pan or freezer-safe container, alternating with the sprinkles. Freeze for 5-6 hours or until firm.
Ice cream will keep in the freeze for 1-2 weeks
*I highly recommend buying jimmies, rather than the nonpareil sprinkles, which can bleed colour into the ice cream.
Keywords: birthday cake ice cream, no-churn ice cream, funfetti ice cream