These no-bake chocolate coconut balls are made in 1 bowl, with 5 ingredients and in under 20 minutes! Dip them in chocolate for a special treat or eat them the way they are. These easy energy bites with no added sugar will be your new favourite snack!
- 2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened (medium)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, natural
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped*
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened (medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Add the coconut, coconut oil, and peanut butter to a food processor and pulse a few times to incorporate all of the ingredients. Add the vanilla and salt and pule a few more times until a sticky “dough” is formed.
- Place the food processor in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up the mixture. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Using about 1 tbsp at a time, roll the mixture into evenly sized balls and place them on the baking sheet. Keep the balls in the refrigerator to firm up, and store, or before dipping in chocolate.
- Optional: In a glass measuring cup, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil in the microwave on high, in 30 second increments until smooth. Use a fork or dipping spoon to dip the balls in chocolate, shaking off the excess, and placing back onto the parchment paper until the chocolate is set. Alternatively, after dipping, roll the ball in shredded coconut or chopped peanuts.
- You can use any dark chocolate, or sugar-free chocolate to keep this recipe keto and paleo friendly. I like to use 90% dark chocolate!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: snacks
- Method: no-bake
Keywords: no-bake chocolate coconut balls // easy energy bites with no added sugar