The best mini pumpkin muffins with mini chocolate chips, whole wheat flour and loads of pumpkin pie spice! These healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are a delicious bite sized breakfast or snack!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oil (grapeseed, avocado)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 24-count mini muffin tin with paper liners, or spray the cavities well with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together both flours, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the oil with the egg and maple syrup. Add the pumpkin puree, almond milk and vanilla extract and whisk well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir just until there are no remaining streaks of flour. Add in the mini chocolate chips, stirring gently with a wooden spoon to incorporate.
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, fill the muffin cavities 3/4 cup full and bake for 10-11 minutes. Check after 10 minutes, and using a toothpick, insert into the center of the muffin and if there is batter remaining on the toothpick, bake the muffins for another minute or two. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done! Remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leftover muffins can be kept at room temperature, in an airtight container for 2-3 days, in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
*If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, substitute with 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp all-spice, 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
**For regular sized muffins, use a 12-count regular sized muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: The best whole wheat pumpkin muffins // healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins // mini pumpkin muffins healthy