Think of the best lemon bars recipe, and make it better by using Meyer lemons! These Meyer lemon bars are very lemony lemon bars with a nice floral touch!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- juice of 2 Meyer lemons (+zest of 1)*
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, combine together the butter with the powdered sugar on medium-high for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract, all-purpose flour and salt and beat again for another minute. Mixture will be slightly crumbly. Empty everything into the prepared baking pan, and press everything down firmly into the bottom of the pan, pressing firmly with your fingers. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges of the crust are slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow the crust to cool while you prepare the lemon filling.
- Using a zester, grate the zest of 1 of the Meyer lemons and set aside. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with the juice of both of the Meyer lemons. Add the sugar, and whisk again to combine. Add the flour and baking powder and stir to combine. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and put the baking pan back into the oven for 30-32 minutes, or until the center of the filling no longer jiggles. Remove the lemon bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely before cutting into 16 squares. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
Lemon bars will keep at room temperature, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days, or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
*If you do not have access to Meyer lemons you can substitute for regular lemons
- Category: desserts
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: best lemon bars recipe // Meyer lemon bars // very lemony lemon bars // best Meyer lemon recipes // Meyer lemon desserts