Spicy sriracha sauce and jalapeno give this mexican street corn pasta salad the perfect amount of kick! If you love mexican street corn on the cob you’ll definitely love this unique pasta salad recipe!
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4–5 cobs of corn
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta (fusilli, elbow, etc)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese* (crumbled)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, diced
- 1 avocado, diced**
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, full-fat
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to about 350F and rub 1 tbsp of olive oil over the cobs of corn. Grill the corn for about 10 minutes, rotating it every 2-3 minutes. Remove the corn from the grill and allow it to cool. Once cooled, use a knife to slice the corn off the cob, placing it into a large salad bowl.
- While the corn is cooking, bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the uncooked pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the water, and spread out the noodles on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Allow the noodles to dry off!
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and diced jalapeno, sautéing it for about 5 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Add to the salad bowl, the cool/dry pasta, the garlic and jalapeno, the red pepper, diced onions, cotija, and cilantro.
- Make the dressing. In a measuring cup, whisk together the Greek yogurt, lime juice, honey, sriracha, cumin and salt and pepper until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust as necessary. Pour the dressing all over the salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour before serving, and up to 1 day. Add the diced avocado just before serving!
Keep leftover salad in the fridge, covered, for 2-3 days.
*If you can’t find cotija, substitute with feta
**I add the avocado right before serving to avoid it turning brown while it rests in the salad. If the brown doesn’t bother you, add it at the same time as the cilantro!
Keywords: unique pasta salad // corn dish recipes // Mexican street corn salad