This sugar-free roasted maple pecan butter is not only keto and paleo friendly, it’s DELICIOUS and so, so easy to make! You’ll be eating it by the spoonful in under 20 minutes!
- 3 cups raw, whole, unsalted pecans
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure maple extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- optional: 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out the pecans. Drizzle the melted coconut oil (and maple syrup, if using) all over the pecans and massage it into the nuts with your hands. Roast the nuts for 12-14 minutes, until they brown and become aromatic. Be careful not to burn them! Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the still-warm nuts into the food processor, along with the maple extract and cinnamon. Process the nuts in the food processor on low until smooth and spreadable, about 5-7 minutes, depending on your machine. Scrape down the sides as needed. Taste, and add more maple extract, cinnamon or maple syrup as desired. Enjoy! Spread it on toast, mix it into your oatmeal or eat it right from the jar!
Maple pecan butter will store in an airtight container, at room temperature for a couple of weeks! If it gets hard, you can microwave it for 10 seconds to soften it up.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: spreads
- Method: oven roast
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: maple pecan butter // pecan butter keto // maple butter