Save some time in the morning by preparing these sunshine-filled sweet and tangy lemon poppy seed overnight oats the night before!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cups steel cut oats (or rolled oats)
- 1 cup almond milk (any other milk will do)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- optional toppings: blueberries, coconut, slivered almonds, etc
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, lemon juice and zest. Add the oats, milk and poppy seeds and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, or overnight. Serve cold or heat in a small pot on the stove.
Leftovers keep well in the fridge, covered, for 3-4 days.