This kona burger is your new favourite summer recipe! It’s a teriyaki burger with grilled pineapple, mozzarella and bacon! Dig in!
- 2 hamburger patties*
- 4 slices (rings) fresh pineapple
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 fresh hamburger buns
- 1–2 tbsp mayo (or butter)
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, divided**
- handful romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 slices mozzarella
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 2 pickles, for garnish
- Preheat the grill to medium/high (350F). When the grill is preheated, place the hamburger patties directly on the grill and cook until the temperature inside reaches at least 375F. During the last minutes or two of cooking, place the pineapple slices directly on the grill, cooking for about 1 minutes on each side, until char marks are visible. Remove to a plate.
- While the hamburgers are cooking on the grill, fry the bacon in a pan or cook in the oven. Once cooked, wrap the bacon in paper towel to absorb some of the grease.
- Lightly toast the hamburger buns. Coat both sides of each bun with the mayo or butter, followed by 2 tbsp of teriyaki on each side of each bun. Place a handful of lettuce on the bottom of each bun, followed by 2 slices of mozzarella.
- Place the cooked patties on top of the mozzarella slices, followed by the remaining teriyaki sauce. Top with sliced tomato, grilled pineapple and 2 slices of bacon. Finish off your burger with the top part of the bun. Serve immediately, with a pickle on the side!
*As mentioned in the post above, you can use previously frozen patties, or your favourite hamburger patty recipe
**I make my own teriyaki sauce, but you can use your favourite store-bought version too!
Keywords: kona burger // teriyaki burger // kona burger recipe