Why make a whole pie when you can just have a key lime pie in a jar? This super simple dessert is perfect for a dinner party!
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup graham crackers
- 6 key limes
- 1 cup whipped cream (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- Combine the melted butter with the graham crackers in a small bowl, then divide the mixture evenly amongst 5-6 mini mason jars (4 oz each). The crust will be about 1″ high.
- Zest the key limes, then juice them all into a measuring cup. You will need 2 tbsp of the key lime juice and 2 teaspoons of zest.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using an electric handheld mixer, whip the whipping cream for a minute or so, before adding in the powdered sugar. Whip on high for 3-4 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Set the whipped cream aside.
- Whip softened cream cheese next, along with the key lime juice, for about 1 minutes. Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream and lime zest until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly amongst the jars, on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Place the jars in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Top with extra whipped cream, key lime zest or graham crackers.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, covered.
See above blog post for substitutions and notes on doubling the recipe.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: key lime pie in a jar // key lime cheesecake