Looking for a healthy key lime cheesecake? Don’t go any farther than these key lime cheesecake bites!
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pits removed (~10)
- 4 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature*
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 graham cracker crumbs + 1/3 for rolling
- 3 tbsp key lime juice (~6 key limes)
- 1 tbsp key lime zest + 2 tsp zest for rolling
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- Add the cashews to a high-powered food processor and pulse for a few minutes or until the cashews are finely ground. Don’t continue pulsing too long or the cashews will turn into flour!
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until everything is combined together and forms a “dough” like structure. If it’s very powdery, add a tablespoon of water and pulse again until things start sticking together!
- Using a spoon or a large cookie scoop, remove portions of the dough and roll between your hands until a ball is formed. Continue with the remaining dough until it’s all used up. Combine the remaining graham cracker crumbs with the remaining lime zest. Roll the balls, one by one in the graham crackers crumbs until coated. Place the balls in the fridge to store, for up to 1 week.
Leftovers can also be stored in the freezer, for up to 2 months. Balls keep ok at room temperature, for 8 hours or so.
*I use the block kind, but I think you could use the spreadable kind too if that’s all you have
- Category: no-bake
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: key lime cheesecake bites // key lime cheesecake balls