A healthy cabbage salad with cashews in a light and creamy dressing! This raw cabbage salad recipe also just so happens to be low carb! Use multi-colored cabbage for a colorful side on your plate.
- 1/2 green cabbage, shredded (~4 cups)
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded (~3 cups)
- 2 large carrots, shredded (~1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- sesame seeds, cilantro for topping
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- In a large salad bowl, combine both cabbages, the carrots, bell pepper and cashews. Whisk together the lime juice, fresh ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey and Greek yogurt. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and top with sesame seeds and cilantro leaves. Refrigerate the salad for 1 hour before serving to let the flavours mingle.
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Swap for agave or maple syrup
Keywords: low carb cabbage salad // keto cabbage salad // healthy cabbage salad