This creamy, cheesy jalapeno popper pizza has just the right amount of spice! It’s your favorite appetizer in pizza form. Cream cheese, cheddar cheese and crispy bacon make this the pizza of your dreams!
Parmesan Pizza Dough
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 pkg (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 6 oz full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 1 cup shredded Monterey jack
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 jalapenos, deseeded and sliced*
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crispy
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Make the dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, gently stir together the warm water with the yeast and allow it to sit for 5 minutes or until foamy. Add the honey, salt and olive oil and 1 cup of the flour and Parmesan cheese. Mix on low until things are combined, then add the remaining flour and turn the mixer to medium-high. Mix and knead the dough for 4-5 minutes or until the dough bounces back when poked with a finger. If the dough is starting to stick to the sides too much, add a tablespoon or two of flour at a time until the dough pulls away from the sides. Remove the dough, spray the inside of the bowl with nonstick spray and place the dough back inside. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Roll out the dough to a 12″ circle and place on a pizza stone or a pan lined with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese with 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack and garlic powder then spread the mixture all over the rolled out pizza dough.
- Cover the pizza with a layer of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, then add the diced jalapeno, bell pepper, crumbled bacon and the remaining cheese. Top with Parmesan cheese. Place the pizza in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, before switching the oven to broil on high for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before slicing into it and serving!
Leftover pizza can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
*If you like things spicier you can include some of the seeds
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: jalapeno popper // jalapeno popper pizza