How to roast garlic to add to recipes or keep the vampires away and enjoy it on its own!
- 1–2 whole heads of garlic
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and place a large piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet
- Slice off the top of the garlic so the bulbs are exposed
- Place each garlic head on the top of the aluminum foil and drizzle the olive oil over the top, rubbing the oil into the exposed area a bit
- Sprinkle with pinch of salt and pepper
- Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic and place into the oven for 40 minutes, or until tender
- Remove the garlic from the oven, and allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Use your thumb and forefinger to gently squeeze the base of the garlic to pop out the individual cloves
- Use in your chosen recipe, or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week
I’ve only ever roasted 2 whole cloves at a time, so you may want to increase the cook time by about 5-10 minutes if you’re roasting a large amount.