Spice up your life with these honey Sriracha chicken drumsticks! This easy crispy baked chicken drumsticks recipe can be made in under an hour.
- 2 tbsp baking powder*
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin-on
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1/3 cup Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sesame seeds, green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and place a wire rack over the pan. Spray the wire rack with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large freezer bag, place the baking powder, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Use a paper towel to pat dry the chicken drumsticks then place them into the bag along with the seasonings. Close and shake the bag until the drumsticks are thoroughly covered. Gently place the chicken on the wire rack, a few inches apart. Bake the chicken for 40-45 minutes, checking at 40 minutes with a meat thermometer. The chicken should bake to 165 F internally.
- While the chicken is baking, place the Sriracha, honey, coconut oil and minced garlic in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, stirring to combine. Once the chicken has baked, remove it from the oven and use a pastry brush to generously coat the chicken drumsticks with the Sriracha honey sauce. Place the chicken back in the oven for an additional 4-5 minutes, then remove and garnish with sesame seeds and diced green onions. Serve immediately.
Keep leftover chicken in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
*Some people do not like the taste of baking powder; in this case, you can use cornstarch!
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: vietnamese
Keywords: Sriracha chicken drumsticks// crispy baked chicken drumsticks reciper // sweet and spicy chicken legs // spicy chicken drumsticks recipe