Think you can’t have pecan pie without corn syrup? Think again! This healthy pecan pie is made with maple syrup for a thick and delicious filling over a flaky, delicious crust!
- all-butter pie crust* (see notes for options)
- 2 cups whole, raw pecans
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted butter**
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- optional: whipped cream, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9″ pie plate. Place a premade pie crust, or all-butter crust into the pie plate, crimping the edges. See notes above for other pie crust options.
- Arrange the pecans on top of the crust, one by one in a circle to create a pattern, or simply place them in an even layer in the bottom of the pie. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and melted butter until smooth. Add in the coconut palm sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt and whisk again until smooth. Pour the mixture all over the top of the pecans.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the center of the pie is no longer jiggly. Keep an eye on the crust while the pie bakes and if its becoming too brown, cover the crust with a pie shield or loosely place a large piece of aluminum foil over the pie. Remove the pie from the oven and place it on a wire rack for 1 hour, before placing the pie in the fridge for at least an hour to completely solidify.
- Serve the pie with whipped cream or coconut whipped cream. If you want to serve the pie warm, heat it up (after solidifying in the fridge) in the oven for 30 minutes at 275 F, covered with foil.
Leftover pie can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
*If you’re looking for a gluten-free or grain-free pie crust to use, see my blog post above for some other ideas. Or, simply use your favorite pie crust recipe for this!
**If you prefer to keep this recipe dairy-free, you can substitute the butter for melted coconut oil.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: pie
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: low calorie pecan pie // naturally sweetened pecan pie // healthy pecan pie