Healthy candied walnuts! It’s a real thing. All the flavor of a traditional candied walnuts recipe but a slightly lighter version. These slightly spicy candied walnuts are perfect for on top of a salad, straight out of the jar or as a an easy hostess gift!
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 3 cups whole, unsalted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp sea salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Add the nuts and stir to combine. Pour the mixture out onto the baking sheet, including all of the liquid, and spread them around. You’ll see a pool of maple syrup, and that’s ok.
- Bake the nuts for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir the nuts around with a wooden spoon, placing them back into the oven for another 15 minutes (stirring every 5 minutes). Be sure to stir well each time, gathering up any excess maple syrup with the spoon.
- Remove the nuts from the oven, sprinkle the remaining sea salt over the top of the nuts and allow them to cool completely. Enjoy immediately!
Nuts can be stored in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 1-2 weeks.
*If you don’t like the idea of a bit of spice with your candied nuts, you can completely leave out the cayenne.
- Category: snacks
- Method: oven roasted
Keywords: glazed walnuts recipe // healthy candied walnuts // cinnamon glazed walnuts