Think it’s impossible to make healthy chocolate muffins that are actually delicious? Think again! These healthy chocolate banana muffins are SO rich and delicious, it’ll be your new favourite low calorie muffin recipe!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/3 cup agave syrup*
- 1 egg, slightly beaten, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and either grease a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or place muffin liners in each cavity.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine both flours, the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until no large lumps remain. Whisk in the agave syrup, then add the egg, coconut oil, and Greek yogurt. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
- Evenly distribute the muffin batter amongst each muffin cavity until about 3/4 cup full. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for about 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Substitute the agave syrup for honey, or maple syrup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: low calorie muffin recipes // healthy double chocolate muffins // healthy chocolate muffins