You’ll love these grilled teriyaki salmon bites! Served up with a homemade sauce, these easy teriyaki salmon skewers will quickly become your new go-to recipe for salmon!
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh salmon, skin removed*https://www.finecooking.com/article/how-to-skin-a-salmon-fillet
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp water, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Dice salmon into 2″ pieces, keeping them as equal in size as possible. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, 1/4 cup water, garlic, ginger and honey. Remove 1/3 cup of the marinade and reserve for later. Add the diced salmon to the marinade and allow it to rest in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- 30 minutes before grilling, soak the wooden skewers you plan to use in water. If you’re using metal skewers, skip this step. Preheat the grill to medium-high and thread the salmon onto the skewers. Grill the salmon for about 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping once, until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- While the grill is preheating, combine the reserved marinade with another 1/4 cup of water in a small saucepan and heat until simmering. Whisk together 2 tbsp water with 1 tbsp cornstarch to form a slurry, then combine with the simmering sauce. Once the sauce is thick and bubbly, remove from heat, and using a pastry brush, paint the teriyaki sauce over the cooked salmon. Serve immediately, with the crispy rice.
- Crispy Rice: Add the olive oil to a medium sized skillet and preheat over the stove until heated. Combine 1 cup of the cooked rice with the yogurt and stir to combine. Spread the covered rice out in the heated saucepan and flatten down. Add the remaining cup of rice on top. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, or until the rice begins to brown and sizzle. Flip once, then place on a plate for serving along with the salmon.
*The salmon needs to have skin removed for this recipe. For an easy tutorial on how to do this, check out this post.
- Category: dinner
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: teriyaki salmon bites // salmon skewers recipe // salmon skewers recipe