This grilled romaine Caesar salad is dressed to impress your guests this summer! Grilled romaine hearts with an easy Caesar salad dressing makes the perfect side or main dish!
- 2 large romaine hearts
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- 3/4 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt*
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Grill the lettuce. Preheat the grill to medium heat. Slice the romaine hearts in half, lengthwise. Place the lettuce directly on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning and cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Remove the romaine to a plate.
- Prepare the dressing. In a food processor or blender, combine the Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, parmesan, salt and pepper and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, plate a grilled half of lettuce, drizzle with dressing and top with shaved parmesan and dried bacon bits. Serve immediately!
The grilled salad needs to be eaten immediately, as it will begin to wilt from the heat after about 30 minutes. I’ve eaten leftovers of this salad, stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*I prefer to use full-fat Greek yogurt for an extra creamy dressing, but you are welcome to try a light yogurt.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
Keywords: // grilled romaine Caesar salad // summer Caesar salad // grilled wedge salad