If you love Greek salad then you’ll really enjoy this Greek chickpea salad made with quinoa, chickpeas, and all of the best Greek flavors! It’s a vegetarian chickpea salad that tastes great as a main or a side.
- 2 cans (15oz each) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled to room temperature*
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup halved cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, slivered finely
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely diced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Open the cans of chickpeas and drain them, rinsing them briefly under cold water and allowing them to sit and drain for a few minutes before adding them to a large salad bowl.
- Along with the chickpeas, add the cooled quinoa, chopped cucumber, diced pepper, halved tomatoes, halved olives, slivered onions and crumbled feta.
- Mix together the dressing ingredients in a small mason jar and shake well before pouring the dressing all over the salad. Add the finely diced mint to the salad and stir everything together well. Serve the salad immediately, or cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve it.
Salad will keep well in the fridge, covered in an airtight container, for 2-3 days.
*I always start my quinoa first or ahead of time to allow it enough time to cool down. Adding warm quinoa to the salad will make the crisp vegetables soft.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: stir
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: Greek chickpea salad // Mediterranean chickpea salad with feta