A rich, gluten-free chocolate tart with a grain-free almond flour and coconut crust! Ready in minutes for your Easter celebrations. Decorate the tart with coloured coconut for a fun treat!
- 1 1/2 cups super-fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup medium shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp honey*
- 1/4 tsp salt
Chocolate Coconut Filling
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped*
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup medium shredded coconut, unsweetened, divided
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- mini eggs, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a 9″ tart pan with a removable bottom. I used coconut oil, but you could use non-stick spray or butter as well. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, shredded coconut and cocoa powder. Add the melted coconut oil, honey and salt and stir with a large spoon until thoroughly combined. Empty the mixture into the bottom of the tart pan, pressing it into the pan and about 1/2″ up the sides. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove the tart from the oven and let cool while you prepare the filling.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. In a medium saucepan over medium-high, heat the coconut milk until simmering. Pour the coconut milk over the chocolate and allow it to sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir vigorously until the chocolate is completely melted and combined with the milk. It should look like a thin ganache. Add in the sweetener (if using), 1/2 cup of the coconut and vanilla extract. Pour the filling into the prepared crust, and place the tart in the fridge for at least 2 hours to firm up.
- Decorate with coconut. To create the rings of colored coconut like in my photos, empty 1/4 cup coconut in one freezer bag, along with 1 drop of orange food coloring. In another bag, place 1/4 cup coconut along with 1 drop of blue food coloring. In a third bag, empty 2 tbsp coconut along with 1 drop of pink food coloring, and in the last bag, empty 2 tbsp coconut along with 1 drop of green coloring. I used plain white coconut for the center and topped with chocolate mini eggs!
- Remove the tart from the pan, slice and serve.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 4-5 days.
- If making this dessert keto-friendly, substitute the honey for 3 tbsp of your sweetener of choice.
- I used 85% dark chocolate. You can use whatever chocolate you prefer, or unsweetened chocolate. If using unsweetened chocolate, I suggest adding 1/4 cup sweetener of choice (keto) or honey.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: gluten-free
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate tart // chocolate coconut tart // chocolate tart recipe // chocolate coconut tart