This is my FAVORITE Girl Guide cookie recipe! Soft and chewy cookie bars studded with delicious chocolate and vanilla Girl Guide cookie chunks.
- 2/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 16 Girl Guide cookies*, crushed/chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil – leave enough hanging over the sides so you can easily grab and lift the bars out of the pan later. Spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. With the mixer running on low, add the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, as needed. Add in the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet until fully incorporated. Using a spatula, fold in the crushed cookies.
- Press the batter evenly into the pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes.* Let the bars cool for at least 15-20 minutes before grabbing the edge of the foil and lifting the bars out of the pan. Cut into 24 bars.
Bars will keep at room temperature, in a sealed container, for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Substitute Girl Guide cookies for any other type of sandwich cookie that can be crushed (Oreo, etc)
- I took my bars out at 20 minutes and they were fairly gooey.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: cookies
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: canadian
Keywords: girl guide cookie bars // girl guide cookie recipes