Reese’s peanut butter cup lover? You will GO CRAZY over this giant peanut butter cup! It’s a three ingredient dessert that you’ll be making again and again!
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- optional: 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided*
- 1 1/2 cups all-natural peanut butter**
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add 2 cups of the chocolate, along with 1 tbsp of coconut oil (if using). Heat the chocolate in the microwave, on high, for 30 seconds, before stopping and stirring it. Heat it again for another 30 seconds before stirring, and so on, until the chocolate is entirely melted. Pour the chocolate into the base of a 9″ tart pan with a removeable base. Spread the chocolate evenly into the tart pan, and use a spoon to spread the chocolate up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. In another microwaveable bowl, add the peanut butter with the white chocolate chips. Microwave the mixture on high, for 30 seconds, before stopping and stirring. Repeat as necessary, until the white chocolate is melted. Remove the tart pan from the fridge and pour in the peanut butter filling, smoothing it out evenly with a spoon. Pop it back in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Using the same bowl you used for the first batch of chocolate, microwave 1 1/2 cups of the remaining chocolate and the remaining coconut oil (if using), using the same procedure as above. Once the chocolate is hot and melted, add the last 1/2 cup of chocolate, stirring continuously until it is also melted. Remove the tart pan from the fridge, and pour in the chocolate, covering up the peanut butter filling. Refrigerate until set, about 20 minutes. Slice and serve!
This dessert keeps just fine in the fridge for up to a week! You can also freeze it for up to a month (it tastes just as good frozen).
*The coconut oil will make the chocolate have more of a “snap” to it, but it isn’t necessary to add it.
**You can use the sweetened, creamy peanut butter, but reduce the white chocolate to 3/4 cup.
***If you are serving the peanut butter cup and leaving it out, it will soften up slightly, but it will be just fine for the day. Take care when cutting it when it’s at room temperature, or the filling will begin to spill out a bit!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: desserts
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: giant peanut butter cup // chocolate and peanut butter tart // chocolate peanut butter pie