A traditional baked oatmeal using eggnog and cinnamon to make your next hearty, holiday breakfast.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups eggnog*
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a 9″ pie plate or 8″x8″ casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggnog, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Slowly pour in the unsalted butter, whisking continuously.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, using a large spoon to mix just until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes, or until the middle of the dish does not look wet, or jiggle too much when gently shaken.
- Remove the oatmeal from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing, and serving.
Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days, in an airtight container.
- You can use light or full-fat eggnog. Full-fat will yield a much richer, creamier oatmeal!
- Try topping the oatmeal with whipped cream, Greek yogurt or maple syrup!