If you’re a Thai food lover, you’ll definitely love this easy Thai basil chicken! Made with simple fresh ingredients, after trying this dish you’ll agree it’s the best Thai basil chicken recipe!
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (sub olive oil)
- 3 Thai green chilies*
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves**
- coconut rice, for serving
- In a small dish, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and honey. Set aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat on the stove. When the oil starts to shimmer, add the chilies, shallots and garlic cloves and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the pepper and fry for another few minutes, before adding in the chicken and cooking, stirring often, until the chicken is browned and cooked through. If there is a lot of extra moisture from the chicken, drain it off before adding the sauce mixture. Stir to cover all the ingredients with the sauce, then add the basil, stirring until wilted. Serve immediately over rice!
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge, in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
*If you can’t find Thai green chilies you can substitute a different hot chili, or 1 jalapeno
**Thai basil can usually be found in the Asian aisle of your supermarket. If needed, you can still make this dish with Italian basil
Keywords: thai chicken basil // thai food recipes