These easy huevos rancheros with refried beans are a classic breakfast! They’re a perfect brunch or weekend meal!
Pico de Gallo
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice (about half a lime)
- 1 can Bush’s® Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados
- optional: jalapenos, sour cream, hot sauce for topping
- Prepare the pico de gallo. In a small bowl, combine and stir the tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. Season with garlic powder, salt and lime juice, stirring to combine. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a small saucepan on the stove, empty the can of Bush’s® Traditional Refried Beans and warm them over medium heat, stirring often. Do not let them get too hot, only warm to the touch. Keep warm at a very low temperature while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Using a small frying pan, add the olive oil and heat it up for a minute or two, over medium-high heat. Add each tortilla, one at a time, heating for 1-2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned and slightly crisp. Place 2 warmed tortillas on each plate, and spread about 1/4 cup of the warmed refried beans on to each tortilla.
- Next, fry the eggs in the same pan you just used to heat the tortillas. Fry them until easy over, or until your liking. Add one egg on top of each tortilla, then top with the shredded cheese (distributed evenly among the 4 tortillas). Add the pico de gallo and sliced avocado. Top with sour cream, sliced jalapeno, and hot sauce, if desired. Enjoy immediately!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: authentic huevos rancheros // huevos rancheros refried beans