This easy homemade teriyaki sauce is made with simple ingredients and tastes so much better than store-bought! You’ll always want to have it on hand!
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, shredded
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup water, divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a small pot, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and 1 cup of the water. Place the pot on the stove over medium-high heat and allow the mixture to come to a light simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup water with the cornstarch. Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and whisk everything together again. The sauce will thicken up and bubble. Remove it from heat and use it immediately, or allow it to cool down and bottle it.
Store the cooled teriyaki sauce in the fridge, in an airtight jar or container, for up to 10 days.
The sauce will get thick and gel-like in the fridge, but just give it a stir and heat it up to have it be completely useable again!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: sauces
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: japanese
Keywords: easy homemade teriyaki sauce // easy healthy teriyaki sauce // easy teriyaki sauce