Want the BEST double chocolate granola recipe? This healthy chocolate granola recipe is full of good ingredients and lots of crunchy clusters! It’s perfect over yogurt or by itself as a snack!
- 3 cups large flake oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, divided
- Preheat the oven to 300 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together the rolled oats, chia seeds, chopped almonds and salt.
- In another heat-safe bowl, microwave the coconut oil together with the honey until melted. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla and whisk until completely smooth.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and stir until the oats are totally covered in the chocolate honey mixture. Add half of the chocolate chunks.*
- Spread out the granola mixture on to the prepared baking sheet. Place the pan in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring the mixture every 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the entire mixture to cool before adding the other half of chocolate chunks.
Cooled granola can be stored in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
*If you want big clusters in your granola be sure to add the chocolate chunks during the baking process. If you don’t care about the clusters and would prefer your chocolate chunks intact just add them when the granola is cooled down.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: double chocolate granola recipe // healthy chocolate granola // double chocolate granola