Sweet and salty, this black and white popcorn is the perfect late night or date night snack! The most addictive and delicious white and dark chocolate drizzled popcorn.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10–12 cups plain unsalted popcorn (1/2 cup kernels)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pop 10-12 cups of plain, unsalted popcorn. This is about ½ cup of kernels or a regular size bag of microwave popcorn. Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt butter with the brown sugar, bringing it to a boil. Boil for approximately 2 minutes. Add water and stir.
- Quickly drizzle the syrup over the popcorn and using a large spoon, toss the syrup to coat.
- Spread the coated popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the popcorn. Bake the popcorn for about 30 minutes, turning it occasionally. Remove from oven and let it cool, about 10 minutes.
- While the popcorn is baking, first melt your dark chocolate using either a double boiler or the microwave. If using the microwave, be sure to heat the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring in between to avoid seizing. Spoon the chocolate into a heavy medium sized freezer bag. Repeat with white chocolate and another freezer bag.
- When the popcorn is cooled, snip a small hole in one corner of each bag of chocolate and drizzle evenly over the popcorn. Allow to cool until chocolate is hard. The popcorn can be placed in the fridge to speed up cooling process. Enjoy! (Then repeat steps 1-6).
Leftover popcorn can be stored in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.
Try different chocolate flavors to change things up. Think peanut butter chips or butterscotch chips!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: snacks
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: black and white popcorn // chocolate drizzled popcorn