Why fuss with a crust when you can enjoy all the flavours and textures of pumpkin pie without the crust? This healthy crustless pumpkin pie is sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar, and tastes just like the pie that Grandma made. You won’t miss the crust!
- 1 can pure pumpkin (15 oz)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar*
- 1/4 cup almond milk**
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice***
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven 350 F and spray a 9″ pie plate with nonstick spray, or grease it well with butter or coconut oil. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the canned pumpkin with the 3 large eggs until there is no visible egg left. Next, add in the maple syrup, coconut sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Whisk everything to combine thoroughly.
- Pour the contents into the prepared pie pan and smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Place the pie into the preheated oven, and bake for 55-65 minutes. Check the pie around 50 minutes, and give it a gentle shake using an oven mitt. If the middle is still quite jiggly, bake it for another 10-15 minutes, checking every 5 minutes. Remove the pie from the oven once the inside is no longer jiggly.
- Allow the pie to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. You can also place the pie in the fridge after 20 minutes to completely cool, then serve the pie chilled. Slice the pie, top with chipped cream or vanilla ice cream, and serve!
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
*If you don’t have or want to use coconut sugar, you can substitute with brown sugar.
**Please feel free to substitute with regular dairy milk or any other milk you prefer.
***To make your own pumpkin pie spice, reference the blog post above for instructions.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: pie
- Method: oven bake
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: crustless pumpkin pie // healthy pumpkin pie // crustless pie