Crispy fish fillets go PERFECTLY with this crunchy ramen noodle salad made with mandarin oranges, chow mien noodles and slivered almonds!
Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot (~2)
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package ramen noodles, broken into pieces*
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and broken into pieces
- ¼ cup green onions, finely diced (~2-3)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- optional: ½ package ramen noodle seasoning package**
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and place the English style fillets in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- While the fish is baking in the oven, combine all of the salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl. In a measuring cup, whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour all over the salad. Toss everything together. Serve immediately with the cooked fish.
Leftover salad can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 1 day. It will begin to get soggy after 1 day, so if you are prepping a large amount in advance, consider adding the dressing just before eating.
*If you plan to use some of the seasoning package in the dressing, consider the flavor of noodle before you buy it. I usually stick to chicken, veggie or plain.
**If you do decide to use the 1/2 package of the seasoning (recommended) I would reduce the soy sauce by 1 tablespoon or the dressing may be too salty!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: salads
- Method: oven-bake
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: crunchy ramen noodle salad // asian ramen salad // oriental ramen noodle salad