Prepare breakfast before you go to bed so you can wake up to the warmth of this crockpot apple cinnamon oatmeal! It’s an overnight steel cut oatmeal recipe that makes your morning easier!
- 2 large apples, diced (any kind)
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 4 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk*
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Line a 3-4 quart crockpot with parchment paper,** or spray with non-stick spray. Combine all of the ingredients into crockpot and give it a stir, ensuring the oats and apple pieces are covered by the milk. Turn the crockpot to LOW and cook for 7-8 hours
- Before serving, give the mixture a stir. Dish into bowls and top with additional syrup, honey or apple pieces. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 2-3 days. I would add a bit of extra milk before re-heating.
*Vanilla almond milk tastes the best in this recipe. You can also use regular almond milk or regular dairy milk!
**As per my post above, lining the crockpot will make your life SO much easier in terms of cleanup!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7-8 hours
Keywords: slow cooker apple cinnamon oatmeal // healthy slow cooker oatmeal // overnight apple cinnamon oats