This crispy strawberry chocolate bark is one of the best easy Valentine’s treats! It’s an easy dark chocolate bark recipe made with freeze-fried strawberries and crispy rice cereal!
- 1 lb dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries*, divided
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- optional: 1/2 cup mini white chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large microwaveable bowl, place the chopped chocolate, and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir the mixture, then repeat, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is smooth. Using a large wooden spoon, stir in half of the freeze-dried strawberries, and the crispy rice cereal until all of the cereal is coated.
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture out onto the parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading it as thin as you’d like. Working quickly, before the chocolate hardens, scatter the remaining freeze-dried strawberries and white chocolate chips, if using, over the top of the bark. Press down lightly with your fingers to make them stick. Refrigerate the bark in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until hard, before using your hands to break it into chunks.
Chocolate bark can be kept at room temperature, in an airtight container, for about a week, or in the fridge, for up to 2 weeks. The bark also freezes well, up to 2 months.
*You can usually find freeze-dried strawberries at a health food store, or at a bulk foods store. Or, look online at Amazon!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: desserts
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: easy dark chocolate bark recipe // chocolate bark thins // easy chocolate bark // valentine's snacks for the classroom